I love a good potluck, but there are only so many different ways to make pasta salad, potato salad, green salad, etc. This dish has a good balance of crunch, sweetness and tang. It’s always a hit, even with the people who are self proclaimed “meatatarians”.
This healthy and flavourful dish can be enjoyed with hot quinoa, or made chilled. Here is what you will need.
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh dill weed
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 can of mixed beans
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1/2 of an onion (white or sweet)
- 1 ripe but still firm avocado
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 sweet yellow pepper
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cold pressed hemp seed oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
To make the salad, cook the quinoa first and set aside. In a large bowl combine all your chopped vegetables.
For the dressing combine all ingredients in your blended of choice; I use a Vitamix. Pour over the salad and stir well.... Bon Appetit!
*as this marinates in the dressing, the flavours deepen.